Live with the art you love...
It's easy and affordable to buy and collect contemporary art and craft
Applying for Membership
If you are a gallery or arts organisation based in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland and you’re interested in joining the scheme, you can apply online here.
In order to be eligible for Own Art membership, you must be able to meet the following requirements and membership criteria:
- Specialise in the sale of original works of art by living artists
- Actively encourage new buyers of contemporary art and craft by providing appropriate customer service and advice
- Have been trading for at least 12 months
- Be able to supply a copy of your most recent accounts, including a balance sheet showing a positive net worth for the business
- Operate a UK bank account capable of accepting payments by BACS and can provide a blank cheque or paying in slip corresponding to this account
- Be accessible to the public either by gallery or website
- Operate regular opening hours, rather than opening on an appointment only basis
- Represent a number of individual artists and not sell the work of a single artist only
Please note that there is a non-refundable application fee of £250 to apply for Own Art membership. This fee contributes towards the administrative costs of processing your application, including the costs of undertaking a ‘mystery shopper’ site visit which forms part of the assessment process.
If you would prefer a physical application pack, please email us.