Own Art is fully committed to ensuring our website is accessible and inclusive for all users, whether you use a text browser, screen reader or other assistive technologies.
Maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing process and we are continually working to improve the site for all users.
Features to enhance this site’s accessibility
- Modern browsers support either text resizing or page zooming, to allow users to increase the size of essential page content. Text can also be resized using Control + and Control – on the keyboard. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 does not support W3C standards with regard to text sizing. It is recommended that users with text resizing upgrade to a standards-compliant browser which provides text resizing or zooming
- All the images have equivalent text alternatives
- Colour is not used to convey information on this site – all pages on this website are readable regardless of your colour-vision
- Mark-up documents with the proper structural elements has been implemented and presentation controlled with style sheets rather than with presentation elements and attributes
- Tables in web pages have necessary mark-up to be transformed by accessible browsers and other user agents
- Web pages are accessible even when newer technologies are not supported or are turned off
- Clear and consistent navigation is provided – for example, orientation information, navigation bars, advanced search capabilities so you will be able find what you are looking for
- We have followed consistent page layout, recognisable graphics, and easy to understand language to benefit all users
- Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways
- All text content is readable and understandable
- We aim to have maximum compatibility on different browsers and devices
- We have developed the site to make it easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from background
It should be possible to access all parts of the site (including forms) using just the keyboard. However, if you do have any problems with this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and let us know. Please provide information about the web browser and operating system you are using – it will help when fixing the issue.
Additionally, most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. These are known as “hot keys”.
They are activated in various ways depending on your browser and operating system.
- All parts of the site use Cascading Style Sheets for visual layout and design
- If your browser does not support stylesheets all pages should still be readable
- Text is sized relatively, so it’s possible to adjust the text size to your needs