How to Own Art at the Art Fairs
We know the amount of effort and hard work that goes into presenting your pristine gallery stand at the art fairs, and we want to make sure that our Own Art members are fully supported and prepared in the run-up!
Offering the Own Art scheme as an alternative and affordable payment method could be that little nudge your customer needs to saying YES to that artwork they’ve been eyeing up.
In fact, as an Own Art member, marketing and promotional support is one of the core benefits you are entitled to.
We can offer you:
- Point of sale for your stand – this includes Own Art stickers, postcards, and wall vinyl* (*this is dependent on the art fair’s rules and regulations, please check this before requesting)
- Promote your gallery across our social media platforms – you are more than welcome to email any images or videos, along with the respective copy information, to [email protected] in order for this to be used across our socials. Own Art will be retweeting and sharing stories throughout the duration of the fair, so please ensure you mention us on Facebook (@ownart), Twitter (@ownartscheme) and Instagram (@own.art)
How it works
- The customer can process loans exactly as they would in your gallery: using a tablet or a laptop, you can take the customer aside to run through the loan application. This should only take 10 minutes and can be entirely paperless, so no need to use a printer!
- The customer can take the artwork home straight away, or wait until later to come and collect it. Just remember to only update the status of the order to say ‘goods dispatched’ after they have taken their artwork.
- If the fair is busy, or you’re short for time, you can use the ‘mail-order‘ functionality to send your customer a link to complete the application at home. Please note that this means that they cannot collect the work from the fair – the gallery needs to organise delivery to their home address, and receive a signed delivery note to get payment from Hitachi.
Making the Most of Own Art at your Stand
- Own Art artwork labels clearly show the customer the affordable breakdown of what they could be paying monthly for any specific artwork.
- Offering the scheme coverts more browsers to customers.
- Introduce Own Art as just another way to pay, like debit or credit card. There’s nothing scary and no small print; it’s as simple as paying a phone bill.
- Allows you to upsell; you can purchase multiple artworks/prints/craft pieces on the same loan, as long as it’s over £100.
Log into your Own Art members’ portal to download your Own Art POS request form and artwork labels.
If you would like to discuss your art fair marketing options in more detail, or have any collaboration ideas, then please feel free to email Own Art’s Marketing & Communication Manager, Mia Dunning.