Apply for Own Art Membership
If you have a query about the application process, please get in touch with our team at [email protected]
To be able to apply for Own Art membership, your business needs to fulfill the following requirements:
- Your business is located in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- You specialise in the sale of original works of art by living artists (NB: This can include contemporary art and craft in any media including painting, sculpture, photography, limited edition prints, textiles, jewellery, fashion, furniture, glass, ceramics, and multi-media works)
- You can supply a copy of your most recent audited or independently inspected accounts (including a balance sheet and profit & loss)
- If your business has not been running for 12 months, you must be able to provide an opening balance sheet in lieu of accounts
- Your business operates a UK bank account capable of accepting payments by BACS and you can provide a blank cheque or paying in slip corresponding to this account
- Your gallery, exhibition space, event programme, or website are open and accessible to the general public on a regular basis
- You actively encourage new buyers of contemporary art and craft by providing appropriate customer service and advice when needed
What do you need?
In order to complete your application, you will need to have the following documents on hand:
- A copy of your most recent accounts, including a balance sheet
- A paying-in slip, blank cheque or bank statement corresponding to the business' bank account
- Your terms and conditions of sale
- A sample artist contract setting out your terms of business
How do I apply?
- Complete the application form at the bottom of this page and upload your supporting documents.
- Pay your application fee - following receipt of your application Creative United will send you a confirmation email along with a PayPal invoice for the £250 application fee. Please note that your application will not be processed until payment has been received.
What will happen next?
On receipt of payment, your application will be assessed by both Creative United and Hitachi Capital to ensure that it meets our membership criteria. A “mystery shopper” site visit will be arranged where an appointed Creative United Assessor will visit your premises in person in order to assess standards of presentation and customer service. You can find out more about the assessment procedure here.
Following a successful site visit, Hitachi Capital will complete a Risk assessment. This involves a review your accounts to assess the financial standing of the business, along with director checks.
Your application will then be subject to final review by Creative United before you are notified of our decision. You will be notified within 8 weeks from the date that you submitted your application.
By making an application to the Programme, you are providing your personal information and accompanying documentation to Creative United. You confirm that you are authorised to provide such information and documentation to Creative United for these and consent to any personal information and accompanying documentation being processed in accordance with current legislation.
Your data will be shared in an appropriate form to ensure that both Creative United and its funders and partners are all able to meet their contracted obligations for the programme to assess your application and, if successful, to ensure that we are able to work together to deliver the programme. This does include some sensitive data to fulfil both contractual and other legal requirements. If you do not wish for your data to be shared in this way, do not apply to participate in one of our programmes.
Please correct the following errors
Start your Application
To become an Own Art member, you’ll first need to complete our online registration form.
Before starting, please note that this process will take up to 20 minutes.
Thank you for submitting
A member of the Own Art team will be in touch very soon.
If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days, please email us at : [email protected]
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance
Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance is a division of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC.
Registered in Cardiff no. 1630491. Registered Office: Hitachi Capital House, Thorpe Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey TW18 3HP
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority