Apply for Own Art Membership
Applications are assessed against specific criteria, and we advise you to read these Terms and Conditions of Membership before applying.
We are currently working on our new application form, which will be online soon.
If you wish to apply or have a query about the application process, please get in touch with our team:
To be able to apply to this programme you need to fulfil the following requirements:
- Your business is located in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- You specialise in the sale of original works of art by living artists (NB: This can include contemporary art and craft in any media including painting, sculpture, photography, limited edition prints, textiles, jewellery, fashion, furniture, glass, ceramics, and multi-media works)
- You can supply a copy of your most recent audited or independently inspected accounts (including a balance sheet) demonstrating that your business has a positive net worth
- If your business has not been running for 12 months, you must be able to provide an opening balance sheet in lieu of accounts
- Your business operates a UK bank account capable of accepting payments by BACS and you can provide a blank cheque or paying in slip corresponding to this account
- Your gallery, exhibition space, event programme, or website are open and accessible to the general public on a regular basis
- You actively encourage new buyers of contemporary art and craft by providing appropriate customer service and advice when needed
What do you need?
In order to complete your application, you will need to have the following documents on hand:
- A copy of your most recent accounts, including a balance sheet
- A paying in slip, blank cheque or bank statement corresponding this account
- Supporting Visual Material: up to 3 items of printed material produced by your gallery/outlet that demonstrate the quality of the work that you show
- Any supporting documents such as Terms and Conditions of Sale, a sample Artist Contract setting out your terms of business etc
How do I apply?
- Complete the application form.
- Pay your application fee - following receipt of your application Creative United will send you a confirmation email along with a PayPal invoice for the £250 application fee. Please note that your application will not be processed until payment has been received.
What will happen next?
On receipt of payment, your application will be assessed by both Creative United and Hitachi to ensure that it meets our membership criteria. You will be notified at this stage if we are unable to progress your application further.
If your application meets our criteria, a “mystery shopper” site visit will be arranged where an appointed Creative United Assessor will visit your premises in person in order to assess standards of presentation and customer service. You can find out more about the assessment procedure here.
Following the site assessment, your application will be subject to final review by Creative United before you are notified of our decision. You will be notified within 7 weeks from the date that you submitted your application.
By making an application to the Programme, you are providing your personal information and accompanying documentation to Creative United. You confirm that you are authorised to provide such information and documentation to Creative United for these and consent to any personal information and accompanying documentation being processed in accordance with current legislation.
Your data will be shared in an appropriate form to ensure that both Creative United and its funders and partners are all able to meet their contracted obligations for the programme to assess your application and, if successful, to ensure that we are able to work together to deliver the programme. This does include some sensitive data to fulfil both contractual and other legal requirements. If you do not wish for your data to be shared in this way, do not apply to participate in one of our programmes.