New Membership Model & Benefits
From 1 April 2018, Creative United will be relaunching Own Art as a paid for membership body. For a monthly fee of £20 + VAT member galleries will be able to enjoy a range of enhanced benefits and services to support their businesses.
We are bringing in these changes in order to be able to invest more resources into supporting the galleries and the artists they represent, plus ensuring the long-term sustainability of the scheme.
The team at Own Art have worked with a range of providers to develop the following benefits exclusive to Own Art member galleries:
- Free financial management and business plan templates from Creative United’s business support and consultancy services, and 20% off any workshops, masterclasses or webinars that may be programmed by Creative United throughout the course of the year
- 10% off membership to the Arts Marketing Association for organisations with 10 members of staff or fewer, in addition to one free online marketing workshop for all Own Art members and a copy of JAM available on request
- 10% off London-based day and evening short courses at Sotheby’s Institute of Art
- 20% discount off the rates for Tags and Certificates with a free subscription to the Tagsmart platform
- 20% off membership to Somerset House hotdesking space, The Exchange
- Up to 10% discount on any Love Art Insurance policy with Brownhill Insurance Group and the opportunity to host preview evenings with Brownhill Insurance Group’s VIP Art Club
The new package of benefits will give galleries access to:
- Free point of sale marketing materials and digital assets
- Free Own Art and Own Art Plus video training
- Free guidance on how to create artist contracts and a written complaints procedure, a requirement for galleries offering credit
- Free guide on GDPR compliance tailored for galleries
- Own Art interest-free credit for loans of up to £2,500 at just 2.5%
- Own Art Plus interest-free credit loans of up to £25,000 at 8.5%
- Online promotion via this website
- Promotion via Own Art social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Opportunity to be included in our monthly e-newsletter
- Telephone and email support from Creative United’s dedicated Own Art team
- Being part of the largest membership body of contemporary art and craft organisations in the UK
The fee will be billed on an annual basis at the beginning of April 2018 and covers a 12-month period until the start of the next financial year.
All existing member galleries have been sent email and written correspondence to notify them of the change to the membership structure. If you are an exhibiting member gallery and have not received correspondence from the Own Art team please contact us on 020 7759 1111.